Welcome to U.S. Xpress!
Orientation gives us an opportunity to welcome you to a better trucking life at U.S. Xpress. But, it’s about much more than that. Orientation is also about keeping you safe, along with everyone around you. That’s why we take a few days to ensure you’re confident and comfortable in the driver’s seat. And, we’re happy to pay you for your time!
What to Expect:
We hold orientation sessions twice a week in multiple locations across the country. The process consists of a road-driving test, DOT physical, physical standards test and a drug screen. You will also become familiar with our safety protocol and operation procedures, and complete on-boarding paperwork.
Orientation lasts three full days, and upon hire, company drivers will be paid between $58 and $66 a day depending on your location. We’ll provide lodging and transportation to the orientation site. Please let us know if you need help getting to class. We’ll see you soon!
All CDL drivers must be registered through Clearinghouse per the FMCSA. Click the link below to expedite the orientation process!
What to Bring:
Identification: Class A CDL and Social Security card
The company provides a Greyhound bus ticket to orientation. If you elect to drive, US Xpress will reimburse fuel expense up to the price of the Greyhound bus ticket. Keep fuel receipts and turn them in at orientation.
Money for Personal Use
Physical Standard Test:
About Our Physical Standard Test (PST)
To ensure successful completion of your DOT & Physical Standards Test, we highly recommend that you limit your intake of the following prior to testing:
- Soda or any highly caffeinated beverages
- Energy drinks
More than 25 mg intake of caffeine may elevate both your heart rate and blood pressure which will have detrimental effects on your testing results.
- Vision – must be corrected at least 20/40 or better in both eyes
- Respiratory, cardiac, medical history and medications screening
- Hearing test with or without hearing aid
Physical Standards Test (PST)
- Balance on one leg (both legs tested). Average of 15 seconds over three, 30 second trials is required to pass.
- Climb onto platform into high kneel. Simulates getting in and out of trailer.
- Squat/Crawl under platform. Simulates maneuvering under a trailer for inspection/repair.
- Lift of 50 lbs. – Floor to 35” high shelf to 55” high shelf and back to floor. Simulates lifting merchandise in and out of storage/transportation carts (aka “roll-tainers”), and personal gear in and out of truck.
- Repetitive Squat while lifting 20 lb. box from floor to waist high shelf. Simulates lifting of merchandise required for unloading trailer.
- Push and Pull of 120 lbs. of force for 25’ and over threshold. Simulates push and pull of a loaded cart/roll-tainer from a trailer to the store and back.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and road test.
U.S. Xpress’ key policies and procedures will be covered during orientation.
* Information is subject to change without notice.
Welcome to the Team!
Still have questions?